Information about Candidates, Clients and Vendors
1. Privacy protection
Best Talent A/S (hereinafter referred to as "Best Talent") takes the processing of your personal data seriously. We take appropriate measures to ensure fair and transparent data processing in accordance with the applicable provisions for processing of personal data.
2. Data responsibility and contact information
Best Talent is the data controller of your personal data received by us. We can be contacted using the following contact information:
You are welcome to contact us at any time in case of questions regarding our processing of your personal data.
3. We process the following information about you
We process the following, so-called general data about you, received either from you, your job reference persons or found on social media such as LinkedIn or through other relevant searches on the internet:
- Work place
- Job position
- Contact information including telephone number (land-line), mobile number (if submitted) and email address
- CV and other relevant documents
- Your job reference persons and their contact information (name, telephone number and email)
- Possible notes from conversations with job reference persons (who will only be contacted by us with your consent)
We recommend that you do not submit sensitive data as a candidate (such as ethnic origin, political opinion, religious beliefs, data related to health etc.) in the CV submitted by you to our email.
The choice is yours whether you wish to utilise our service and let us register your personal data.
Job Reference Persons:
We process the following general information about you received by us from candidates or from you:
- Contact information (name, telephone number, email)
- Possible notes from conversations with job reference persons
Clients and Vendors or Partners and Contact Persons with them:
We process the following general information about you received by us from the client/vendor/ partner and the contact persons:
- Name and address
- Name of one or several contact persons
- Contact information, including telephone number and email of the client/vendor/ partner and/or the contact person
- VAT number
- Billing information
4. purpose and legal basis for processing
The purpose of our processing of your personal data is the following:
Candidates and Job Reference Persons:
When we assist our clients in finding the right employee we solve the job through a combination of headhunting and advertisement.
Clients and Contact Persons with them:
- Presentation of potential candidates
Vendors/Partners and Contact Persons with them:
- Ordering of and payment for goods and services
We exclusively process your personal data to the extent necessary to collect the information.
4.2 Legal Basis
We are obliged to inform you about the legal basis of the processing of your data, which is the following:
When we receive your CV related to your application for one of our concrete job positions, our legal basis for processing of your data is Article 6.1 (f) of the Data Protection Regulation about legitimate interests. The legitimate interest giving reason for the processing is the necessity of our processing of your data relating to the concrete recruitment job for which you have applied. Thus, our processing is based on your interest in being taken into consideration as well as our interest in finding the right candidate for our client.
When we transfer your data to our client and when we store your CV for use related to future job positions matching your qualifications, our legal basis for the processing of your data is Article 6.1 (a) of the Data Protection Regulation about consent.
Job Reference Person:
- Article 6.1 (f) of the Data Protection Regulation, in which our legitimate interest is recruitment of suitable candidates for our clients.
Clients and Vendors/Partners:
- Article 6.1 (b) of the Data Protection Regulation about signing of and delivery of performance on a contract.
Contact Persons with Clients and / Partners:
- Article 6.1 (f) of the Data Protection Regulation about legitimate interest. The legitimate interest giving reason for the processing of your data is the necessity of the processing to deliver performance on our contract with your employer.
We transfer your personal information to our clients provided that we have received your consent.
We additionally transfer data of relevance to accounting to our auditor for the purpose of preparing the financial statement etc.
Thus, transfer is primarily based upon legitimate interests, and our legitimate interest is compliance with a legal obligation.
5.2 Data Processors
In order to be able to deliver the best service possible Best Talent makes us of the following data processors:
- Hosting providers
- CRM systems
We store your CV until completion of the process which relates to the concrete job position for which you have applied to be taken into consideration.
In case we have your consent, we will store your CV for 18 months hereafter.
Job Reference Persons:
We store your information for as long as we store the data concerning the candidate for whom you act as a job reference person.
Information about Clients and Contacts:
We will store your information for five years after the termination of your client relation. However, material of relevance to accountancy will be stored for five years as well as for the current financial year.
Information about Vendors and Contacts:
We will store your information for three years after the termination of your client relation. However, material of relevance to accountancy will be stored for five years as well as the current financial year.
7. Your Rights:
Your rights are the following:
- Right of access (to your personal data): You have the right of access to the personal data about you, processed by us as well as some additional data. However, the access to insight may not infringe the rights of others or their constitutional rights.
- Right of rectification (correction): You have the right to have inaccurate or incomplete personal data about yourself corrected.
- Right of erasure of personal data: Under specific circumstances you have the right to deletion of your personal information before the point of time of our general procedure of erasure.
- Right of blocking of the data processing: Under certain circumstances you have the right to limit the processing of your personal information. If you have the right to this limitation, we will in future only process the information – apart from storage - with your consent or with the single-entry point to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; in order to protect important interests of an individual or of society.
- Right of transmission of data (data portability): When our processing of personal data is based on your consent or a contract and when the processing has taken place automatically, you have the right of data portability. This right implies that you are entitled to receive your personal data processed by us, in a structured, widely used,
- Right of objection: Under certain circumstances you are entitled to object to our otherwise lawful processing of your personal data. Additionally, you are entitled to object to processing of your personal data for the purpose of direct marketing.
- Right of withdrawal of consent: In case we base our processing on your consent you have the right anytime of partial or entire withdrawal of your consent to Best Talent’s processing. Your withdrawal of your consent does not affect the legality of the processing performed by Best Talent before your withdrawal of your consent. Therefore, the withdrawal of your consent only has effect from this point of time.
Furthermore, you can learn more about your rights in the guidance from the Danish Data Protection Agency about the rights of data subjects on www.datatilsynet.dk.
In case you wish to file a complaint against the Best Talent’s processing of our personal data, you are entitled to do so to the Danish Data Protection Agency, which has the following contact information:
The Danish Data Protection Agency, Datatilsynet
Address: Borgergade 28, 5, DK-1300 Copenhagen K
Telephone number.: + 45 33 19 32 00
Prepared May 2018. Subject to continuous updating.