Director of Bioanalytical Services, Svar Life Science / 1705 / CLOSED
Svar Life Science is a Swedish company that works to enable personalized medicine by serving the global Life Science market with tools for drug development and companion diagnostic solutions. They deliver answers you can trust from discovery to diagnosis - Their combination of high-quality products, innovative technologies and comprehensive laboratory services is used by their customers to discover new therapeutics, diagnose patients and treat diseases
Wieslab AB, a Svar Life Science company provide specialized contract laboratory services within the bioanalytical and clinical diagnostic sector. The Bioanalytical Services is centered on large molecules (biologics and biosimilars) with a special focus on immune-mediated diseases.
Wieslab Bioanalytical Services offer GLP compliant laboratory services and work according to GCP. Bioanalytical Services offer assay development, validation and sample analysis within the following Bioanalytical Service Solutions: Immunogenicity, Pharmacokinetics (PK) & Pharmacodynamics (PD), Toxicokinetics (TK) and Biomarker testing. The services are targeted at non-clinical as well as Phase I - III and post-marketing clinical studies for pharma, CRO and biotech clients. The goal is to become a leading European contract research organization with expertise within bioanalysis of large molecules.
Wieslab is based in Malmö, where 32 engaged employees work. As a Svar Life Science company, Wieslab empower their employees to advance innovative technologies, develop meaningful solutions, and build rewarding careers. To empower the business and lead the team, they are now looking for a new Director.
Director of Bioanalytical Services
Dynamic & Team oriented
- Leading company within Bioanalytical Services and Clinical Diagnostics
- Leadership of bioanalytical operations
- You like to communicate cross functional and with customers
- You are an ambitious person with great potential for more
- You will be member of the Management Team
Your main responsibility will be to lead the bioanalytical team, providing services for pharma, CRO and biotech clients.
You will be responsible for a team of 16 employees and involved in the strategy and business plans for Wieslab. You will lead, advice, coach and develop your team, and support them in their role. You will ensure ambitious goals and solutions and follow-up on activities and resources.
This includes participation in setting, communicating and following up on goals for the department as well as ensuring continuous development in tools and processes ensuring timely delivery of quality data to clients. You work in close collaboration with the other managers and colleagues across the Svar organization. You will use your scientific knowledge and experience to influence the project decisions across the entire area.
You must also ensure, that efficient and transparent processes, systems and standards are in place and are used intelligently.
- Manage bioanalytical scientists, including salary revision
- Ensure scientists are operationally active and that deadlines are met
- Plan development and training, including performance review of scientists
- Project portfolio oversight, ensure resource planning and coordinating projects among scientists and technicians
- Participate in customer meetings and write proposals
- Drive operational scientific activities, QMS process improvements relevant to bioanalytical scientists, lean work
- Facilitate decision/information flow between scientists, laboratory technicians and other functions at Svar
- Responsible within GLP/GCP according to quality manual, organisation chart, QMS and Delegate
- Keep up to date with relevant quality- (GLP/GCP), scientific- and technical developments
- Engage activity in bioanalytical forums
- Review bioanalytical reports
- Review applicable documentation e.g. Quality Management System SOPs and instructions, method and instrument documentation
An attractive and challenging job in a dynamic atmosphere with the opportunity of leading and developing a team in a company, where decision making is swift. For the right person, this will also be a great opportunity for further personal and scientific development, where you will be able to put your mark and have substantial influence. You will report to Michael Akoh, Managing Director for Wieslab Laboratory Services.
You are ambitious and dedicated to help your team finding the right solution to progress the customer projects successfully. You are motivated by achieving great results through and together with your team.
You hold a relevant master’s degree in Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Immunology or related fields. Expertise within bioanalysis is a requirement and preferably within of large molecules and immune-mediated diseases. You have +5 years of experience in assay development and a strong scientific expertise and curiosity. You are used to work with guidelines, validation and have good understanding of quality system management application of GLP and GCP. GMP lot release testing knowledge would be an extra asset.
You have excellent interpersonal skills and a proven leadership record of accomplishment or you are very keen on becoming a leader and have some experiences with leading a few people.
You have been working with:
- People management or like to become a leader
- 5+ years of pharmaceutical experience including bioanalytical experience
- Demonstrated compliance and scientific knowledge of relevant regulations
- Demonstrated understanding of critical bioanalytical calculations, decisions and aspects
- Demonstrated skills in scientific advice and/or compliance strategies and applications
- Demonstrated knowledge of drug development process and the ability to consider long-term study impact aspects (e.g. submission, clinical data evaluation, audits)
- Willingness to participate in the bioanalytical community as company representative in oral presentations, posters and workshops
Strong communication skills are important in this role, which has interactions with many other disciplines. You can work independently and as part of a team and you are keen on working in a multicultural environment. You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Fluency in English with good verbal and written language skills is a given.
Best Talent is responsible for your employment at Svar Life Science and will review your application on a confidential basis. Forward your application including your CV marked ”1705 / DBS ” by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org You can read more about Best Talent on www.besttalent.dk.