Director and Head of R&D unit, France, Svar Life Science / 1687
Svar Life Science is a Swedish company that works to enable personalized medicine by serving the global Life Science market with tools for drug development and companion diagnostic solutions.
They deliver answers you can trust from discovery to diagnosis - Their combination of high-quality products, innovative technologies and comprehensive laboratory services is used by their customers to discover new therapeutics, diagnose patients and treat diseases. As a customer you can be sure of their answers: They have been working right across the clinical diagnostic value chain for more than 30 years.
Svar Life Sciences headquarter is based in Malmö, where 100 engaged employees work, globally a total of 120 employees. Svar Life Science empowers their employees to advance innovative technologies, develop meaningful solutions, and build rewarding careers.
Svar Life Science invents, develops and applies the best analytical technologies for drug development and clinical research, and establishes practical platforms for routine diagnosis or patient monitoring. The R&D function focuses on developing products that will support the efficient development of new drugs, within the market of inflammation and autoimmune diseases. Their work is carried out in-house or in collaboration with key opinion leaders and academic groups of strategic importance.
Svar France is a wholly owned subsidiary of Svar AB. Svar France is a R&D unit specialized in the development of innovative reporter-gene assays principally for the biopharmaceutical industry. Svar France is located in the Villejuif Bio Park outside Paris and currently consists of 9 employees comprising a Head of R&D unit & Chief Scientist, a Laboratory Manager, 3 Research Scientists, 3 Technicians, and an Administrative Assistant.
Director and Head of R&D unit, France
Dynamic and business oriented
- Leading company within clinical diagnostic solution
- Leadership of 9 highly skilled Scientists & Lab Technicians
- Drive new products for innovative reporter-gene assays
- Member of the Management Team within the operating units
Your main responsibility will be to lead the R&D area and drive or participate in investigations and development projects. Svar Life Science is providing products and services to pharmaceutical, CRO companies, clinical hospital laboratories and providers of diagnostic automated systems.
You will be responsible for a team of 9 and the lab in Paris, working very closely together with the R&D function and headquarter in Sweden. You will lead, advice, coach and develop your employees, and support them in their role in developing cell-based assays. You will ensure ambitious goals and solutions and follow-up on activities and resources. This includes participation in setting, communicating and following up on goals for the department as well as ensuring continuous development in tools and processes. You work in close collaboration with the managers in the R&D and with your colleagues across the Svar organization. You will use your scientific knowledge and experience to influence the project decisions across the entire area. You must also ensure that efficient and transparent processes, systems and standards are in place and are used intelligently.
- Participate actively in the development of the company
- Develop relations with pharmaceutical companies and key opinion leaders
- Identify and establish technological and scientific partnerships nationally and internationally
- Prospect new clients in target markets to develop sales of products and custom projects
- Participate in the choice of strategic orientations at the global level
- Keep abreast of the scientific literature, technological developments and competitors
- Accompany and support the scientific team in the development of new products in conjunction with headquarters
- Planning, control and monitoring of R&D projects
- Analysis of results of the R&D projects and presentation internally and externally
- Regular national and international travel
An attractive and challenging job in a dynamic atmosphere with the opportunity of leading and developing a team of highly skilled people. For the right person, this will also be a great opportunity for further personal and scientific development.
Svar Life Science is offering you a challenging opportunity and is right now building the dream team for further growth where you will be able to put your mark and have substantial influences. You will report to the CEO in Malmö Sweden.
You are ambitious and dedicated to help your team finding the right solution to progress the R&D projects successfully. You are motivated by achieving great results through and together with your team, and you are passionate about solving challenges in a dedicated company.
You will have the follow qualifications:
- PhD in Life Sciences, preferably Molecular Biology
- Experience of conducting research in Biology Molecular or Immuno-Oncology in a Pharmaceutical company or Biotech
- Experience in managing a R&D team in a Pharmaceutical company or Biotech
- Experience in managing operations would be an added advantage
- Experience in establishing industrial partnerships
- Works well in a small team
- Capacity to take decisions
- Scientific curiosity
Good understanding of RA & QA guidelines is preferred, including the ability to apply the guidelines in context of the stage of R&D development.
The ability to work in a fast pace environment, manage priorities, and maintain timelines for multiple activities is required.
You have excellent interpersonal and team skills and a proven leadership record of accomplishment or you are very keen on becoming a leader and have some experiences with leading a few people.
Strong strategic and communication skills are important in this role, which has interactions with many other disciplines, and you are keen on working in a multicultural environment.
Highly proficient in spoken and written French and fluency in English with good verbal and written language skills is a given.
Best Talent is responsible for your employment at Svar Life Science and will review your application on a confidential basis. Forward your application including your CV marked ”1687/Head of R&D Unit ” by e-mail to email@example.com You can read more about Best Talent on www.besttalent.dk.