Analytical Scientists, Lundbeck / 1691
Lundbeck A/S is a global pharmaceutical company specialized in discovering and developing innovative treatments for brain diseases. For more than 70 years it has been at the forefront of neuroscience research, and is tirelessly dedicated to restoring brain health, so every person can be their best.The key areas include mood and anxiety disorders, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, addiction disorders, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, Huntington's disease and epilepsy. We also recommend visiting the company website www.lundbeck.com
The position is situated in Pharmaceutical R&D and is part of the CMC area within Product Development & Supply. Pharmaceutical R&D consist of two departments; Pharmaceutical Development with 19 employees and Analytical Development consisting of 24 engaged people (divided into two sections).
Analytical Development (is responsible for analytical development activities within Lundbeck’s development projects on New Chemical Entities (NCEs). The department is involved in both API and Drug Product Development, and also pre-formulation activities on pre-clinical projects in the research area. The analytical activities in the department will be distributed across the internal labs and external specialized CMO’s.
2 Analytical Scientists - Analytical Development
- Worldwide leading company within psychiatry and neurology
- Key player in CMC development activities of new methods
- Responsible for release and stability testing of drug products for clinical studies
- Excellent knowledge of analytical techniques as HPLC, Dissolution and KF
Do you want to use your passion for analytical chemistry to help Lundbeck in developing innovative treatments, to improve the lives of people living with brain diseases?
The department is amongst other things responsible for development and validation of new analytical methods, and release and stability analyses for drug substances and drug products for clinical studies.
As Drug Product Analytical Lead, you will be part of different analytical projects and use your scientific knowledge and expertise to ensure that Lundbeck meet their project milestones and solve challenges in the individual projects. This will be done in close collaboration with colleagues from Analytical Development and Formulation Development.
You will be working internally with a range of analytical techniques, such as HPLC, Dissolution and KF. The internal work is both explorative work and GMP work and Lundbeck is also working with CMO partners for some of their projects.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Method development and validation for different drug products
- Release and stability testing of drug products for clinical studies
- Supervision of technicians performing the analyses
- Troubleshooting in the analytical laboratory
- Support to formulation development
- Preparation, maintenance and development of GMP procedures
- Write regulatory documentation for the CMC part of INDs/IMPDs, and eventually for the registration file
An attractive and challenging job in a dynamic, international atmosphere with the opportunity of working together with a team of highly skilled people. For the right person, this will also be a great opportunity for further personal and scientific development.
Lundbeck is offering you a challenging opportunity in a headquarter based position in one of the largest completely CNS focused research organizations. The position is based in Valby, Copenhagen, reporting to the Director of Analytical Development.
We are looking for 2 Analytical Scientists, one experienced Analytical Scientist (Senior Scientist/Specialist and one a little less experienced, who are ambitious and dedicated. Both will be part of the Analytical Development group and work closely together with skilled colleagues from other scientific disciplines to find unique solutions in the small-molecule R&D development projects. The preferred candidates have the following personal and professional qualifications:
- You have a master’s degree and preferably also a Ph.D. within analytical chemistry, chemistry, pharmaceutical science or another relevant scientific discipline
- You have several years of relevant experience and proven scientific skills within analytical development in the pharmaceutical industry, preferable within drug product small-molecules methods like dissolution
- Experience from an Analytical Development Laboratory or from a QC Laboratory
- Experience with dissolution test development both for release analysis and to support formulation development
- You possess drive and a positive mindset, embrace challenges, and can inspire your colleagues and the teams you work in, even when facing obstacles
- You have a good understanding of CMC development, and in-depth experience with the corresponding analytical documentation
- You have a good understanding of GMP in an analytical laboratory
- You possess creative and strategic skills to solve complex scientific challenges in an environment where prerequisites and timelines change rapidly
- The ability to work in a fast pace environment, manage priorities, and maintain timelines for multiple activities are required
You have excellent interpersonal and team skills and strong communication skills are important in this role, which has interactions with many other disciplines. You can work independently and as part of a team and you are keen on working in a multicultural environment.
Fluency in English with good verbal and written language skills is a given. Reading and writing in Danish is also required.
Best Talent is responsible for your employment at Lundbeck and will review your application on a confidential basis. Forward your application including your CV marked ”1691/AS” by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org You can read more about Best Talent on www.besttalent.dk.