Senior Scientist Global Drug Discovery, Cellular Immunology, Ferring / 1704 / CLOSED
Driven by research and a passion for Science, Ferring Pharmaceuticals is a pharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of innovative treatments which make a real difference in people’s lives all over the world.. Ferring Pharmaceuticals believe in the power of people and research - and go where ideas and research take them. To sustain the effort of developing new medicine, Ferring Pharmaceuticals reward talent with influence. In return, employees are expected to be ambitious and innovative. See more at www.ferring.com
At Ferring International PharmaScience Center (IPC) in Copenhagen they are nearly 600 people, primarily scientists and specialists, breaking new grounds to help people live better lives all around the globe. They focus their R&D efforts on peptide-based drugs and biotechnology derived medicines.
As a privately-owned company, Ferring Pharmaceuticals benefit from the privilege to think and work with a long-term horizon. You will experience the same freedom in your search for new solutions. Your desire to innovate and explore will contribute to fulfilling their ambition of becoming the world’s leading company within reproductive medicine and women’s health. If you need help, you will find it. If you want challenges, they are right in front of you. If you are looking for freedom to find your own way, you are trusted to do so. If you want to make a mark in the world for the better, you feel just like the rest of the employees.
As a Senior Scientist you will be based at Ferring International PharmaScience Center (IPC) in Ørestad, Copenhagen and will join a newly established Discovery Immunology team, to help create early stage innovation breakthroughs within areas such as Gastroenterology and Reproductive Medicine. You will cooperate with engaged and dedicated people in a stimulating international environment, where you will have high influence on the working processes in this new area.
Senior Scientist Global Drug Discovery
- Worldwide company with innovative treatments
- Making a real difference in people’s lives all over the world
- You have experience within cellular immunology and in vitro pharmacology
- You will make a difference for patients with inflammatory diseases, e.g. inflammatory bowel diseases
If you bring a strong background in Cellular Immunology, and if you are looking for a job with major impact, influence and development opportunities, you may be the candidate we are looking for. In Ferring Pharmaceuticals, there is a a long history within the treatment of inflammatory bowel diseases, and a wish to expand their efforts in order to help more patients worldwide.
You will play a key role in early stage discovery projects and apply your entrepreneurial spirit, your creative mindset and your ambitions of making a difference. As part of a new team of highly experienced and skilled scientists, you will be responsible for the development and execution of in vitro assays and studies in support of early stage drug discovery. You will lead and/or participate in feasibility and drug discovery project teams, cross-functional planning of complex cellular immunology studies and project team efforts. In line with your experience, you will also mentor and supervise technical/junior staff.
Your primary tasks will be to:
- Facilitate innovation and project progress, with a strong focus on cellular immunology and in vitro pharmacology
- Design and conduct key experimental plans, both internally and externally
- Develop and implement new assays, methods, and technologies for ex vivo/in vitro assays for testing biological activity of compounds produced by drug discovery teams
- Identify CROs or academia with relevant technology and stay updated on new trends
- Support their efforts within external sourcing and innovation
At Ferring IPC you will have ample opportunities for making your mark on the way the new team design processes, methods and scientific approach. The team works in a relaxed, non-formal atmosphere, and Ferring Pharmaceuticals expect you to speak your mind, engage in scientific discussions and strive to make a difference. We trust you to find the right way forward to handle challenges and tasks.
We are looking for an ambitious scientist who share our dedication to achieving the highest scientific excellence. You must be able to drive projects and tasks forward independently and at the same time like to share knowledge and ideas as a team player. Furthermore, you must be able to work with external collaborators, CROs and academic researchers and to engage in these collaborations in a professional manner.
Ideally, your CV comprises:
- Ph.D. in cellular immunology with significant post-graduate experience
- Preferably 3+ years of experience in Pharma R&D
- Scientific knowledge and experience within cellular immunology and/or in vitro pharmacology and MoA studies
- Expertise in flow cytometry and cell sorting
- A solid publication record, including first-authored publications in high quality journals and presentations at conferences
- Knowledge of new technology within your field of expertise
- Fluency in English, written and spoken
You are motivated by having a high impact position and understand how to apply your cultural awareness to inspire trust and respect among your international colleagues. As a dedicated and flexible team-player, you utilise your high level of energy and can-do attitude to proactively handle the various tasks at hand.
Strong communication skills are essential in this role, which interacts with many other disciplines. You have the ability to work independently and as part of a project, and you are keen on working in a multi-cultural environment.
Best Talent is responsible for the recruitment for this position at Ferring Pharmaceuticals and review your application on a confidential basis. Forward your application including your CV attention ”1704/SS Cellular” by way of e-mail to email@example.com You can read more about Best Talent at www.besttalent.dk.