Finance Manager, Syntese / 1719 / AFSLUTTET
Syntese A/S, owned by the Ferring Group, manufactures Mesalazine (5-aminosalicylic acid/5-ASA), an Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) used in human treating Inflammatory Bowel Diseases. The production plants are placed in Denmark outside Copenhagen and in India. The Mesalazine quality product is distributed to customers all over the world.
Having nearly 30 years´ experience, Syntese is the most experienced supplier of Mesalazine in the world. Syntese is GMP certified and FDA approved for delivery to the US. They are also owner of a worldwide marketing certification.
Syntese is dedicated to continuously innovate and improve their product and the process in order to be able to supply global customers with the best quality product possible at a competitive price and with right on time deliveries. Syntese is an environmentally conscious company – proven by an ISO 14001 certification, an ambitious energy reduction project, annual environmental reports, and a Copenhagen County Environmental Award.
Syntese is a growing organization offering you opportunities for personal development. You will be encouraged to bring forth new ideas, discuss concerns and share feed-back with colleagues and management. It is this freedom and respect shown to all employees, that makes Syntese an attractive place to work.
For their newly established department Finance, Procurement and IT, Best Talent is on behalf of Syntese, looking for a Finance Manager to lead the company on this journey and drive better decision making.
Do you want to have a leading role in implementing a “best in class “finance processes?
Are you motivated to empower the business to make better financial decisions? Then this might be your next job!
- Part of an international group within the pharmaceutical industry
- You have strong management and change management skills
- You drive change projects within your field
- Part of the management team in Denmark with report to the CEO in Denmark
You will play a key role driving change initiatives while also leading the change of the business improvement program. The role offers great opportunities to contribute with process improvements, cost savings and driving a cultural change for the better of the company. The role will provide huge opportunities to evolve the business and for developing your own skills.
As the head of Finance, IT and Procurement you will be responsible for a small team of 4 colleagues, consisting of a Controller, a Direct Procurement Manager and 2 people in IT. You will also work closely with our outsourcing partner for all accounting activities. You will need to combine financial knowledge with strong business acumen and strong change management mindset. You will likely have about 10 years of financial experience with product costing in a manufacturing site which is very important. It could be from a GMP regulated industry.
You support HQ/Corporate Finance in the implementation of corporate finance programs, processes and procedures which are to be locally applied.
Your goal should be to help the company achieve its strategy and targets by delivering on commitments for the change program and helping the company deliver on an ambitious growth strategy.
Your essential task includes:
- Motivate staff and ensure optimal training across the team
- Advise and challenge business with timely and proactive analyses, assessments of variances to the plans, financial impacts and risks
- Ensure strict implementation of IFRS and internal guidelines as well as adherence to the local regulations
- Overall responsibility for the forecasting and the annual process
- Ensure a reliable product costing
- Drive change projects
The preferred candidate will have the following profile:
- 10- years’ experience in Finance and sound experience in multinational environments
- Strong solid understanding of financial and accounting principles and processes
- Solid experience in leading teams, on- and offshore
- Strong project and change management skills
- An analytical mindset and be a self-starter, being able to see opportunities and solve problems independently
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Work independently with the ability to influence multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work in decentralized finance structure
- Ability to set long-term financial targets and sponsor performance improvement projects
- MSc in Accounting, Finance, or relevant field
Syntese offers an attractive salary package and other employee benefits as well as a very good working atmosphere. You refer to the CEO.
Best Talent is responsible for the recruitment for this position at Syntese and reviews your application on a confidential basis. Forward your application including your CV attention ”1719/Finance Manager ” by way of e-mail to email@example.com. We are closing the process asap. You can read more about Best Talent at www.besttalent.dk.