Director of Product Technology, Aligned Bio / 1723 / CLOSED
Aligned Bio is a multilingual and multinational nanotechnology company with an unique technology that will have a material impact on the €100 billion+ biomedical and biosensors field. Aligned Bio’s patented core technology is the use of light-guiding nanowires that function as molecular-scale optical fibers and transduce signals indicating genetic code variations or the presence of diagnostic biomarkers.
Sequencing DNA, detecting nucleic acids for acute infectious diseases and detecting molecular biomarkers for inflammatory and genetic diseases such as cardiovascular disease and cancer are the foundations of advanced care. Aligned Bio’s patented technology enables the next generation of advanced care by providing these services faster, better and more cost effectively. The Company is headquartered in Lund, Sweden. Present position locations are for the Lund, Malmö, and Copenhagen area. See more at www.alignedbio.com.
The company is now in an expansion phase and is looking for people to join this exciting journey.
Biomarker Diagnostics Business
The Biomarker Diagnostics Business group provides customers with advanced, fast, low-cost immunoassay-based diagnostic solutions utilizing Aligned’s core nanowire technology. At present, these solutions comprise nanowire add-on reagents that increase the sensitivity of current immunoassay platforms by orders of magnitude. In the future this core technology will be able to move up the value chain and form the foundation of complete in-vitro diagnostic systems.
Director of Product Technology
Dynamic and business oriented
- Leading the company’s Biomarker Business group
- Employee responsibility
- Responsible for the P&L
- Member of the Management Team within the operating units
- Board of Directors and Commercial Board level interaction
The job of the Director of Product Technology is to continue defining Aligned Bio’s nanowire-based products while leading the strategy for the implementation of those products. In addition to product definition, the role includes working with the regional sales directors to target and support key customers, determine the appropriate technical marketing strategy and presenting at technical conferences.
The Director of Product Technology will manage Aligned Bio’s Immunoassay Development Scientist as it relates to both the company’s internal development work and joint development work with customers. Eventually, the Director of Product Technology will be tasked with managing the Biomarker’s product P&L.
You will set ambitious goals and solutions and execute to those targets. This includes participation in setting, communicating, and following up as well as ensuring continuous development in projects, tools, and processes. You work in close collaboration with all the other international colleagues across the organization. You will use your scientific knowledge and experience to influence the project decisions across your business group.
You will also ensure that efficient and transparent processes, systems, and standards are in place and used intelligently. You will work with international customers and must enjoy traveling up to 10 days a quarter.
An attractive and challenging job in a dynamic atmosphere with the opportunity of leading and developing a small team. For the right person, this will also be a great opportunity for further personal, scientific and business development, where you will be able to put your mark and have substantial influences. You will report to the CEO.
Aligned Bio provides a customizable nanowire platform for partner programs in the industry detecting cancer and other major diseases in a point of care environment.
You must have a broad background in the biomarker and immunoassay development value chain and diagnostics and have an applicable science degree such as molecular biology or chemical engineering. Industry experience is a must. You should have strong scientific expertise and curiosity, preferably in a customer facing role in a point of care environment. Helpful would-be knowledge in the development of heterogeneous assays.
Your skillset includes:
- Ideally 7+ years’ experience in in-vitro diagnostics (IVD) and an expert-level understanding of biomolecule binding-assays (including immunoassay) and their development and validation
- Demonstrated business-oriented approach to applying novel assay technologies to address market needs in the life science, bioanalytical and/or clinical diagnostics spaces
- Knowledge of IVD regulatory requirements (e.g., ISO 20916) would be advantageous but not required
- Intimate knowledge of development project management from product conceptualization and product requirement specification through beta testing phases.
- Knowledge of Quality by Design (QBD) and Design for Manufacturing (DFM) principles would be a plus
- General people management and experience managing scientific personnel desirable
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate difficult technical concepts and information to non-expert audiences is required
- Ability to travel, participate and present at both scientific, technical and partner and customer non-technical meetings required
You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage priorities, and maintain timelines for multiple activities are required.
Strong strategic and communication skills are important in this role, which has interactions with other intern disciplines, salespeople as well as customers.
You are motivated by achieving great results through and together with an international team of professionals, and you are passionate about solving challenges in a dedicated company.
Fluency in English with good verbal and written language skills is a given.
Best Talent is responsible for the recruitment for this position at Aligned Bio and will review your application on a confidential basis. Forward your application including your CV marked ”1723 / Director” by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org You can read more about Best Talent on www.besttalent.dk.