Business Development Manager Nordic, IDS / 1693 / CLOSED
A specialist in endocrinology testing, Immunodiagnostic Systems Holdings PLC is a leading in-vitro diagnostic solution provider to the clinical laboratory market. We develop, manufacture and market innovative immunoassays and automated immune analyses technologies to provide improved diagnostic outcomes for patients. Our immunoassay portfolio is a combination of an endocrinology specialty testing menu and assay panels in complementary fields.
Passion for Customers - We are passionate about understanding our customer needs and dedicated to providing excellent solutions
Entrepreneurial - We consider the world around us as a set of opportunities, creating the chance to innovate and find solutions to generate customer and stakeholder value
Excellence - We strive for excellence in all we do, to deliver the best results in order to be best in class!
Respect - We show consideration for colleagues, customers, and all business stakeholders, appreciating our diversity and respecting each other’s opinions
On behalf of IDS, Immunodiagnostic Systems Holdings PLC, Best Talent are now seeking a Business Development Manager Nordic, who will be responsible for building the business in the Nordics. You can read more about the company at www.idsplc.com
Business Development Manager Nordic
Convincing solutions within endocrinology testing, focusing on clinical and research assays
- Great opportunity to generate a Nordic sales success within the laboratories performing routine assays on human samples
- Key role in a leading international company within In-Vitro diagnostics with a global outlook
- Strong and supportive team with great possibilities for your own development
The Business Development Manager Nordic is responsible for a profitable business in the assigned territory through direct sales, with key focus on ELISA sales and system placements whilst managing additional business partners (agents). This position focuses on continually sales growth through existing and new customers and supports the IDS awareness throughout the field.
Direct Sales in Denmark and Sweden:
- Generate sales revenues through manual (ELISA) assays, as well as system placements with automated assays: Achievement of targets defined and agreed at the beginning of each financial year for product revenues with a profitable margin
- Sales growth: Acquisition of new customers and leads, market research, keep contact and up sell to existing customers and renew contracts when applicable
- Quotation: Negotiation with customer, set up quotations and delivery agreements/contracts
- Regular documentation and updating of sales activities, sales numbers and forecasting in respective working files (CRM system etc.)
- Maintain principle contacts with accounts in the assigned territory, with co-operation suppliers and local co-operation companies when applicable
- Provide regular and effective communication with Customer Care, Tech Support, Field Service and Marketing to maintain a successful sales process and increase customer satisfaction
Managing Business Partners (agents) in Norway and Finland:
- Find and instruct the right agents who are ready to start the business within their existing network in the diagnostic market for ELISA and automated product ranges
- Ensure the agents are prepared to sell IDS products in a professional way (training, marketing material on hand, etc.)
- Manage proactively the agents: Agree budgets and follow up on the delivery. Set clear guidelines and negotiation framework
- Develop sales concepts to ensure an optimal market uptake of their products in the territory
- Continually undertake market knowledge, monitor competitors and market trends to evaluate new business opportunities
- Representative tasks: Identify and manage relevant events and congresses including booth equipment
- Ensure the availability of useful sales material and sales tools especially within ELISA, where you work close with Marketing and Product Management and support the development of sales material for the territory
Your profile / Qualifications
- Scientific university degree in Biochemistry, Immunochemistry, Biology or equivalent is preferred
- Proven sales track record success with ELISA sales and Bone markers in the Nordic countries
- Understand the challenges and broader picture of the Nordic diagnostic market
- Experienced sales and communication skills on all different customer levels / DMU
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills and ready to work independently in the assigned territory
- Take ownership for the territory and act as a professional link between the customer and IDS to minimize cultural or language barriers
- A driving personality and self-starter with good management skills
- Demonstrate excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent product knowledge and technical understanding on immunodiagnostics in relevant fields e.g. endocrinology, bone markers
- Strong sales skills in negotiation and closing deals on all levels of DMU
- Danish and English fluent, good language skills in Swedish, Norwegian and Finnish is a plus
- Good understanding of business processes
- Business sense and ambition
Key words for your personality are self-driven and able to work remotely and home-based when not with your customers. You are positive, ambitious, active and you possess a commercial drive in everything you do. You think strategic and act operationally in your daily work. You possess a winning personality and you have a strong insight and knowledge of both the public and private Life Science segment in the Scandinavian countries. You therefore understand the culture and the mechanisms in the business, which is vital for the decision-making process in the market. It is therefore important that you have great skills being a strategic negotiator. You are a strong relation-builder with a high level of people understanding and at the same time skilled in the scientific field, preferably with specific knowledge within the diagnostic area.
The company offer a job in an international environment with great influence, common understanding and professional training and support. The right candidate can expect a competitive salary package and good development opportunities. You will report to the Regional Sales Manager, Europe. The company prefer a candidate living in greater Copenhagen area, respectively Øresund area.
Best Talent is responsible for the hiring process and review your documents on a confidential basis.
If you would like to apply for this position, please forward your application and your CV in English
marked ”1693/ Business Development Manager Nordic” by e-mail to email@example.com. The process will be closed as soon as we have the relevant candidates. You can read more about Best Talent on www.besttalent.dk.