Systems Sales Development Consultant – Investment Projects, Merck Millipore / 1772
Merck is a vibrant team of specialists in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. They share a love of Science, and a passion for Technology. They discover and develop for life in all its vibrancy, from great human questions to small everyday joys. For more than 350 years, curiosity has been driving them to deliver excellence to patients and their customers – and to imagine the future. They provide inﬁnite solutions to solve the toughest problems in Life Science in collaboration with the global scientiﬁc community. Their tools, services, and digital platforms empower scientists and engineers at every stage, helping deliver breakthrough therapies more quickly. Read more at www.merckgroup.com
Working at Merck
A career at Merck is an ongoing journey of discovery: More than 51.000 people are shaping how the world lives, works, and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics.
What they offer:
With Merck, there are always opportunities to break new ground. They empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and their diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. They trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map which is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join Merck and bring your curiosity to life!
Within the Life Science division, you will be part of the EMEA Customer Applications – Systems Sales Development team. The team consists of 9 employees and covers single-use and multi-use processing technologies, equipment, and components as well as large investment projects. It is a team of highly motivated and experienced experts who work with the commercial organization and sales support functions on all levels. It drives technology and investment projects to accelerate their business growth and creates additional value for their customers and their organization.
The team focusing on Investment/CAPEX Projects to secure and build short- and long-term commercial success for early phase Engineering Services and Systems/Spares Parts/Services franchises throughout EMEA.
Systems Sales Development Consultant – Investment Projects
- International role building business within the EMEA region
- Developing external & internal partnerships and network
- With Merck, there are always opportunities to break new ground
On behalf of Merck Millipore, Best Talent is now looking for a Systems Sales Development Consultant – Investment Projects for an international role. The position will continue the transition to build a self-sufficient, sustainable, and impactful sales development specialists team within EMEA.
You will actively seek and evaluate new project opportunities and build robust and sustainable relationships with A&E network in EMEA, ensuring early adoption of Merck portfolio of Systems, Services and Technologies.
The position requires a high degree of interaction with customer and A&E structures in conjunction with sales and key stakeholder partners throughout the organization. You use your strong technical background by supporting, streamlining, and developing Integrated Solutions for Investment Projects – Early Engineering phases for such projects and pitching consultancy services.
Your principal objectives and responsibilities:
- You drive sales growth through new business opportunities and sales programs which include Engineering Services, Multi Use and Single Use Hardware opportunities during the entire selling process, throughout EMEA
- You provide technical expertise and business acumen for complex projects up to achievement of the project and drive profitable growth utilizing strategic pricing tools and programs
- You support the regional Sales Development Specialists in achieving their goals
- You drive long term success by opportunity prioritization, disciplined resource management, and overall multi-year project profitability gains that contribute to overall Process Solutions goal attainment
- You secure a high degree of interaction with the customer and A&E structures in conjunction with sales and key stakeholder partners within Operations, Planning, Field Service, MSAT, Legal and Global Marketing
- You will notably build and monitor a sustainable relationship with EMEA A&E network, aiming to map potential collaboration framework
- This position will continue the transition to build a self-sufficient, sustainable, and impactful sales development specialists team within EMEA
- Act as Team Leader for large and complex projects (Large Investment Projects, Early Engagement with Facility Conceptual Design or Late Phase Engineering Services), throughout EMEA, in close cooperation with the regional Sales Development Specialists and Account Managers
- Willingness to international travel up to 30% of the time
You possess strong knowledge of Biotech Upstream/Downstream processing, current/emerging purification and separation technology ideally within multiple modalities.
You have excellent process understanding within GMP manufacturing and a Master’s degree or PhD in Chemical & Process Engineering or Biotechnology, or closely related science in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry.
Proven experience in an A&E firm and/or in a Plant Process Engineering team preferable selling manufacturing and Consulting Service.
You also have:
- Good knowledge of automation and computer science
- Good knowledge of cGMP’s, regulatory requirements and validation
- Good application and process engineering background and ability to argue
- Good presentation, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills with a dynamic approach to challenges
- Excellent organization and project management skills
You are positive by nature and proactive and inquisitive and interested in the business environment and the understanding of the customer expectations and needs.
In a natural way you like to interact with clients and other external and internal stakeholders in a trustworthy way.
You have with confidence shown the ability to develop big clients by your way of working; committed, enthusiastic and at the same time with an analytical and scientific approach.
You are self-driven and by nature a strong relationship builder. You act as a team player, helpful and with a high degree of ethics and integrity. You are a trusted advisor with in-depth knowledge of the entire Pharma Processing product line.
Great opportunities for personal and professional development in an inspiring cooperation with talented colleagues, a competitive salary and annual incentive bonus and a flexible benefit package.
You report to EMEA Customer Applications Systems Director.
Best Talent is responsible for the recruitment process and will be handling your application on a confidential basis. Forward your application marked ”1772/ System Sales Development Consultant” to email@example.com. Read more about Best Talent on www.besttalent.dk and more about Merck Life Science at www.merckgroup.com