Senior/ Principal Scientist Pharmacology & Biology, Synklino / 1834
Synklino is an ambitious privately held Biotech company located in Copenhagen. Synklino develops paradigm changing biopharmaceutical drugs for the treatment of severe chronic viral infections in immunocompromised patients and patients in need for a lifesaving organ transplantation. Synklino was founded in 2017 and has a drug candidate for treatment of CMV in transplantation patients, which is in development, as well as a technology platform for targeting chronic virus infections. See more at https://www.synklino.com/
You will have the opportunity to be part of an entrepreneurial culture, working together with talented and competent senior colleagues, in their endeavors to improve lives of transplant patients through science. On behalf of Synklino, Best Talent is now looking for an experienced and motivated candidate to reach their goals.
This is a unique opportunity to join a dedicated team of professionals and become an important part of the scientific staff of a progressive and innovative Danish biotech company.
Senior/ Principal Scientist Pharmacology & Biology
Engaged & Scientifically Competent
- Ambitious, strong & valuable anti-viral Biotech company
- You have broad experience in in vivo and in vitro Biology & Pharmacology
- A challenging job to help the lead candidate through pre-clinical development
Will you have a unique opportunity to take part in building a strong and valuable anti-viral Biotech company and if you are an ambitious and experienced Pharmacology/Biology Scientist, you might be the right fit!
We seek a Scientist to help advance Synklinos lead candidate through pre-clinical development towards an IND/CTA, and to shape their developing technology platform.
You will be responsible for key activities related to the pre-clinical development of the primary drug candidate, including out-sourcing, project management and oversight of their many international collaborations and vendors in complex ex vivo (live human organs) studies, in vivo models, PK/PD, bioassays, and in vitro studies.
Your will be responsible for:
- Development and implementation of new relevant assays
- Develop strategies for discovery and drug-development programs
- Characterizing potential new drug candidates
- Mode-of-action and proof-of-concept studies
- Support cross-disciplinary research and pharmacology efforts
- Write documents to support regulatory filing
- Participate and contribute to research and development meetings
- Management of international CROs and research collaborations
As a team player, you will collaborate closely with multiple disciplines at Synklino as well as with senior management. You will play an important role in setting and executing the strategy both in development and discovery. As part of a virtual development company, you will work closely together with highly specialized consultants in areas such as Toxicology, Safety Pharmacology, PK/PD, and Immunogenicity.
Synklino offers a challenging and versatile job in an innovative, fast paced, flexible, well-organized, and committed Biotech environment with a high degree of influence and opportunity for personal and professional development. You will report to the SVP Non-clinical.
You hold a PhD in Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Biotechnology, or similar and have experience from the Biotech or Pharmaceutical industry. You have in-depth knowledge of Molecular Biology and/or Pharmacology. You have broad experience in in vivo and in vitro Biology/Pharmacology and the ability to conduct scientific oversight on these activities. Experience with virology and infection/disease models is a plus.
You have a strong Pharmacology and Biology mindset for target verification and lead selection on discovery projects in the pipeline, leading to proof-of-concept.
You also have broad experience in lead selection and early development enabling support to advance Synklino’s platform and be part of leadership in evaluation of technologies, new targets, and projects.
- You have excellent project management skills and the ability to effectively manage CROs and to facilitate interactions with academic labs and companies to ensure project progression
- You are used to execute on the Pharmacology and in vivo strategies for pre-clinical activities towards IND
- Ability to work effectively with other disciplines, including clinical, CMC and safety/tox to collectively build the preclinical data package for IND/CTA submission
- Direct experience in supporting IND strategy and documentation, including writing relevant sections of INDs and CTAs is an advantage
As a person you are a self-driven, creative, structured, and an accountable team player with commitment, initiative, and humor. It is important that you are focused, can prioritize, and keep calm when deadlines are tight. You are good at solving problems and thrive with a well-balanced workload and with a good work life balance. You are fluent in Danish and English, both written and spoken.
In other words, you have the desire to support and enrich Synklino’ s culture and would love to work in a Biotech company.
Best Talent is responsible for the recruitment process at Synklino and reviews your application on a confidential basis. Forward your application including your CV in English marked ”1834 /Scientist Pharmacology & Biology” by e-mail to email@example.com. You can read more about Best Talent on www.besttalent.dk.