Process Specialist / GEA / 1744
GEA is one of the world’s largest systems suppliers for the food, beverage, chemical and pharmaceutical sectors. Their portfolio includes machinery and process plants as well as advanced process technology, components, and comprehensive services. Used across diverse industries, they enhance the sustainability and efficiency of production processes globally. GEA is listed on the German MDAX and the STOXX®Europe 600 Index and included in the DAX 50 ESG and MSCI Global Sustainability indexes. You can read more at: www.gea.com
GEA helps global customers delivering ambitious and state of the art technical process solutions
- As an important specialist you join a group of highly competent colleagues
- Great opportunities for professional development
- You have an analytical mindset and chemical know how within the process industry
Working at GEA and about the job
If you are interested in working for a world leading company, you are the one they are looking for: GEA is delivering world class process solutions. Due to continued success and expansion, they are now hiring a Process Specialist to the Chemical Department in Søborg, Denmark. You will be working as a key specialist in chemical drying applications supplying technologies for primarily the chemical and pharmaceutical industry.
As a Process Specialist you will be part of a team responsible for process and plant design specifications of drying technologies where you support the sales team in quotation preparation and the project team throughout the project phase.
As a Process Specialist you work in a complex field where both a technical know-how, analytical skills, and a commercial mindset are important factors and given in this role.
- Provide detailed process calculations, including heat and mass balances and equipment sizing to high-skilled sales engineers
- Assist with on-site product commissioning and troubleshooting for process plants
- Provide technical support for design standards, equipment specifications, and technical specifications for a high-skilled technical staff of sales and project engineers
- Identify, evaluate, and mitigate technical risks related to process design
- Assists with planning, execution, and interpretation of pilot plant tests
- Prepare and give technical presentations and training both internally to new project and sales engineers and externally to customers and on seminars
You have a degree in Chemical Engineering or the like. This combined with years of relevant experience within process engineering like drying technologies or related areas from the pharma, chemical or food industry.
You like being part of an international environment working with state-of-the-art customers and solutions. The ideal candidate has excellent analytical skills and eye for the detail and at the same time you are a self-driven problem solver. As a person you are well-organized and able to keep a balanced overview of several projects in a busy working environment.
The ideal candidate:
- Enjoys making process calculations and are motivated by an ambitious and energetic working environment
- Has knowledge of process plants and chemical engineering
- Has strong and professional communication and organization skills
- Must have a “team attitude”, be self-motivated and be willing to support colleagues and train
- Enjoys working in a technical environment, where structure and documentation is the way of working
- Finds solutions, is creative and helpful
- Is fluent in Danish and English, both written and oral
- Likes to collaborate with people with different technical backgrounds and nationalities – both inside and outside of the company
- Has advanced skills with MS Office
- Is willing to travel 30-50 days a year – primarily trips of shorter duration
What they offer
With GEA, there are always great opportunities for personal and professional development. They empower you to fill the role as well as meet your ambitions in the way they work and develop from within.
You join an office-based role in a department with a nice working environment, a great team spirit, and a proudness to be part of a successful company.
You report to Team Lead - Sales Support & Offer Management – Chemical Drying.
Best Talent is responsible for the recruitment process for this position at GEA and review your application on a confidential basis. Forward your application including your CV attention “1744/Process Specialist” by way of e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will interview candidates for this position ongoing, but please apply as soon as possible. You can read more about Best Talent at www.besttalent.dk.