Medical Scientific Liaison Dermo aesthetic, IBSA / 1740
IBSA is a privately held pharmaceutical company headquartered in Lugano, Switzerland.
The company has established its presence worldwide through its local affiliates and strategic partnerships. At present, IBSA's global network consists of more than 80 markets in 5 continents. IBSA strives to shape drugs into their best form, with the aim to stand out as the creator of pharmaceuticals with proven and superior efficacy. IBSA is strongly committed to enhancing the quality of life of its patients and preventing and cure diseases with innovative products.
IBSA Nordic ApS (part of the IBSA Group) was established in October 2014 to respond to unmet medical needs and has over the years, grown considerably and the Nordic head office, located in Copenhagen, Denmark, focuses on the commercialization of two divisions, Pharma division & Dermo aesthetic division.
You can learn more about IBSA at www.ibsadermanordic.com
Medical Scientific Liaison Dermo aesthetic
You enjoy facing the field by being a strong communicator of scientific topics at all levels
- State of the art products within medical devices and dermo aesthetic
- You create and develop new and strong partnerships
- Influence and development of own job content
IBSA aims at developing market share by its state-of-the-art products in a combination with even stronger communication to the market. This calls for extending the organisation by engaging a highly skilled Medical Science Liaison (MSL) to cover the Nordics within the Dermo aesthetic area.
The role is a field-based position co-responsible for the relationship with IBSA Nordic KOL Team and for the scientific information and the appropriate utilization of specific IBSA medical devices and products within the assigned therapeutic area.
The MSL will support development of the Medical Sciences Plan by using a scientific approach aligned with the overall commercial strategy, therapeutic area objectives and an in-depth understanding of the vision. The MSL will need to be a credible and valued scientific resource in a variety of scientific interactions with key stakeholders across assigned regions. The primary role is to build and foster strong relationships with KOLs in the therapeutic area, support education and training of internal as well as external parties and to bridge scientific communication to stakeholders.
You will report to the Nordic Managing Director and work in close cooperation with Sales & Marketing Manager.
Your main objectives will primarily, but not exclusively be to:
- Establish excellent external relations based on scientific communication and bring scientific insights back to the team
- Provide scientific leadership through credible scientific engagement with KOLs where you develop and maintain relationships with all KOLs
- Co-responsible for identification and segmentation of KOLs and engaging KOLs with credible scientific information within the assigned area
- Collaborate with the Nordic Sales & Marketing Manager, the Regional Managers, and other stakeholders to build a coordinated approach to KOLs engagement
- Develop specific plans including speaking activities, clinical research opportunities, publications etc.
- Contribute with balanced scientific information and be capable of issues management and addressing scientific questions, including queries on safety and off label use of IBSA medical devices
- Contribute with regional scientific insights to headquarter
- Maintain up-to-date scientific knowledge and be an expert on IBSA Dermo aesthetic area with regular and extensive review of scientific literature
- Help in developing scientific presentations and assist KOLs in publications, poster preparation and other scientific communication
- Play a critical role in scientific training of field force
- Responsible for assisting the Medical Advisor in IBSA clinical studies and identify potential investigators and research projects
- Support the Nordic Sales & Marketing Manager in translating scientific evidence and clinical studies into commercial material which can be used to address the market needs
Your profile and Talent
Most importantly is your experience, positive mindset, and flexibility. You enjoy being part of an ambitious and entrepreneurial environment where everybody is contributing to reach the ambitious goals of IBSA Nordic. You hold an education from the Life Science Field like MSc. Advanced Nursing Degree or the like combined with relevant experience. You have a commercial mindset, and you like to be in a dynamic environment where you contribute with your energy and initiative.
You are a strong communicator of complex scientific and medical topics within the Dermo aesthetic field at all levels, and you truly enjoy facing the field and entering scientific discussions. You enjoy translating science into commercial messages supporting the overall strategy, the team, and stakeholders at all levels.
To know this and to fit the role we imagine that you meet the following requirements:
- Deep knowledge of the field of Dermo aesthetic, customer landscape and clinical research
- Few years of MSL experience in combination – sales or commercial experience is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to develop relationship with KOLs
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and work effectively with minimal supervision in a constantly changing environment
- Ability to understand and summarize all aspects of clinical data and scientific publications
- Ability to research scientific literature, write reports, papers, and research posters
- Teaching skills and ability to present and discuss scientific material clearly and concisely
- Ability to work independently and engage KOLs and researchers in a scientific dialogue and to handle objections
- Ethically addressing unsolicited off label questions based on available clinical evidence
- Willingness to travel
- Fluent Danish and excellent written and spoken English
Best Talent is responsible for the hiring process for IBSA and review your documents on a confidential basis.
If you would like to apply for this position, please forward your application and your CV in Danish or English ”1740/MSL” by e-mail to email@example.com. Interviews will be conducted currently, therefore please submit your application as soon as possible. You can read more about Best Talent on www.besttalent.dk and IBSA at www.ibsadermanordic.com