Head of Engineering, Syntese / 1737
Syntese A/S, owned by the Ferring Group, manufactures Mesalazine (5-aminosalicylic acid/5-ASA), an Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) used in human treating Inflammatory Bowel Diseases. The production plants are placed in Denmark outside Copenhagen. The Mesalazine quality product is distributed to customers all over the world.
Having nearly 30 years´ experience, Syntese is the most experienced supplier of Mesalazine in the world. Syntese is GMP certified, and FDA approved for delivery to the US. They are also owner of a worldwide marketing certification.
Syntese is dedicated to continuously innovate and improve their product and the process in order to be able to supply global customers with the best quality product possible at a competitive price and with right on time deliveries. Syntese is an environmentally conscious company – proven by an ISO 14001 certification, an ambitious energy reduction project, annual environmental reports.
Read more at www.syntese.dk
Head of Engineering, Syntese
A leading actor within the treatment of IBD and part of Ferring Pharmaceuticals
Are you the one to join in the ambition to make a difference as a leader and play an important role as the new member of the Management Team?
- You are known for being a very strong people leader with change management skills
- Working within the pharmaceutical industry
- You develop the team and lead change projects within Engineering
Syntese has as a global important API provider within Pharma GMP great potential, and you will be a valuable member of the Management Team in the development of the company. As the new Head of Engineering, you will be responsible for leading and developing your team and employees.
The team which you are leading consists of a total of 17 employees, where 7 report directly to you. You will lead, plan, and develop the group including having the responsibility for the strategic and operational performance of the EHS, Maintenance and Engineering area.
The leader, Syntese is looking for, works through a coaching leadership style and values a people culture characterized by collaboration and genuine strong relationships. You do this by leading and motivating the team with your management skills, great engagement, and positive mindset. You define clear goals for the team members, and you ensure a modern style of leadership, at the same time oversight and follow up.
The company expects that you play an important role to secure values are kept and lived to reach the overall objectives. This will help Syntese in becoming an integrated part of the global Ferring Group with ambitious plans for development of the organisation and the site.
- Management of all activities within EHS, Maintenance and Engineering, to assure that objectives within safety, quality, delivery, employees, and cost are reached
- Ensure availability of technical and human resources, request adjustments, propose modifications to system methods or procedures aimed at improving quality, safety, productivity, and cost efficiency
- Plan and establish projects and ensure its effective operation
- Ensure employees within the EHS, Maintenance and Engineering unit are motivated, empowered and engaged
- Be a role model for the leadership principles as described in the company´s philosophy
- Development of leaders, employees, and yourself – and continue the development of a learning mindset among all colleagues
- Regulatory requirements, procedures, and the Corporate SOPs are implemented and adhered to
- Compliance/EHS GAPs are identified, prioritized, and implemented as appropriate
- In collaboration with the leadership team ensure the strategic outlook of the company and alignment with the other entities of the group
First and foremost, you have a winning personality and the will to cooperate and succeed with your team. Experience and knowledge within the area and your personal qualities are incredibly important and something that Syntese will value highly.
You have documented experience from leading managers in a GMP environment preferably within Engineering, Process Production, or the like. You are a natural leader and role model, who seems to engage and lead your team to perform at their best and take responsibility in their role. You are an energetic and decisive person, but still coaching and humble in your way to lead. You believe that it is important to listen to your co-workers and that you as a leader are responsible for taking care of and enabling your team and team members to evolve.
In addition, you are likely to have
- Scientific degree (ideally qualified Engineer, Chemist or related
- Impressive, demonstrable track record and skills/experience gained within a similar position(s) at a similar level in a GMP environment
- Profound knowledge of processes, requirements, and regulations
- Good knowledge of LEAN (5S, Kaizen, VSM, DMAIC)
- Strong communication skills and confident in Danish and English languages at all levels
- Strategic mindset with the ability to influence at a senior level
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Pragmatic approach with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Strong ability to prioritize
- Good IT skills
Syntese offers an attractive salary package and other employee benefits as well as a very good working atmosphere. You report to the Managing Director, Syntese.
Best Talent is responsible for the recruitment process for this position at Syntese and review your application on a confidential basis. Forward your application asap including your CV attention ”1737/Head of Engineering ” by way of e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can read more about Best Talent at www.besttalent.dk.