Cost Configuration Specialist, GEA / 1820
GEA Engineering for a better world. GEA is one of the world’s largest systems suppliers for the Food, Beverage, and Pharmaceutical sectors. Their portfolio includes machinery, process plants, advanced process technology, components, and comprehensive services. Used across diverse industries, GEA enhances the sustainability and efficiency of production processes globally. GEA is listed on the German MDAX and the STOXX®Europe 600 Index and included in the DAX 50 ESG and MSCI Global Sustainability indexes. Every day around the globe GEA helps their clients to deliver ambitious and state of the art technical projects. GEA in Søborg is the Global Technology Center for Industrial Drying and Powder Technology.
Working at GEA
Within GEA, there are always great opportunities for personal and professional development. GEA focuses on empowering their employees to succeed in their role and supports them to meet their ambitions. GEA offers a working environment with highly skilled experts in their area and focuses on team spirit, close collaboration and knowledge sharing to deliver a market-leading technology. Please read more at: www.gea.com
Cost Configuration Specialist
Looking for an opportunity to create new Cost Configuration Processes & Structure - join GEA!
- Key role in a large global organization
- Great on-boarding and mentor program
- Strong culture based on team spirit and cooperation
The Team Configuration and Product Master Data Management (PMDM)
You will be joining the Configuration and Product Master Data Management (PMDM) team under Engineering Support which belongs to the Technology & Equipment Competence Hub (TECH) for Industrial Drying and Powder Processing Technology. The Configuration and PMDM team is a newly established team that focuses around improving product designs by use of standardization & modularization, applying automation when designing and product master data management. The team consists of four people who all are experienced in their area and have the mindset of making a real impact across GEA.
As the new Cost Configuration Specialist at GEA you will be one of the main drivers in defining how cost calculations will be managed within the TECH organization. This position will allow you to contribute with your expert knowledge to the overall set-up and identify areas where changes in product design can have a major impact on cost and sourcing. The subject of cost calculation can be anything from manual labour for welding, cutting, milling to the raw materials used to build components. This means that the tasks will vary every day.
You will also be involved in shaping and re-thinking the cost calculation processes and the development of a new platform. Most calculations are based on an extensive knowledge of the manufacturing processes and the product build-up. Therefore, an important part of this role is to collaborate both with external workshops and product experts. To succeed in this job, you will have to be able to handle highly technical field and complex cost calculations, so great know-how and a natural interest and motivation is a must. You will also have an important stakeholder management role both within and outside of GEA.
- Analyze how the cost calculations are managed today and evaluate changes that might be required. This includes both analyzes of the cost calculation approach and of the current IT system used
- Lead investigation for a new cost calculation platform together with main business stakeholders and contribute with technical knowledge and insights
- Contribute to the implementation of CPQ (Configure Price Quote) and PMDM (Product Master Data Management) software to optimize engineering and manufacturing processes
- Take future ownership of the new cost calculation platform, where you will lead the work and ensure quality output from the system
- Drive projects focusing on cost out for various components, as part of the continuous standardization and modularization
The results of your efforts will be significant throughout GEA, and you will be able to actively influence and challenge the status quo. You will be part of an engaged team that values humor, skills and knowledge creation. You will report to the Senior Manager of Configuration and Product Master Data Management (PMDM), GEA in Søborg.
You hold a relevant degree either within Engineering or Business Administration with a focus on Configuration, Product Designs, Mechanical, Modularization, Costing or in similar areas. This, combined with Project Management experience and with capabilities to drive and provide value by implementing new IT systems, will help you to succeed in this role. Further, proven knowledge of cost calculation, cost calculation tools and cost databases, will make you an ideal candidate.
The ideal candidate possesses the following competences:
- Proven knowledge of cost calculation and cost estimation methods as well as how to build scalable product cost structures
- A solid understanding of cost calculation tools, cost databases, configure-price-quote (CPQ) and product master data management (PMDM) systems
- A solid understanding of SCM processes and/or structural civil/mechanical scopes and able to use it in an economic and commercial context
- Preferable knowledge of Autodesk Inventor, Oracle,Tacton CPQ and Power BI
- Have strong and professional communication and stakeholder management skills
As a person you must have a “team attitude” and like being part of a team. You are self-motivated and willing to support colleagues and projects. You are creative, solution oriented and have a positive attitude towards challenging projects.
You are motivated by working in a dynamic environment and taking on new challenges. You like facilitating new ideas and ways by keeping calm and finding the essential elements in an often-unpredicted high pace environment. You can apply structured approach to solve complex projects on time and within budget.
You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
Best Talent is responsible for the recruitment process for this position at GEA and review your application on a confidential basis. Forward your application including your CV attention “1820/Cost Calculation Specialist” by way of e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will interview candidates for this position ongoing, but please apply as soon as possible. You can read more about Best Talent at www.besttalent.dk.